Hard to believe it's been two years with Adeline. It seems like there was no time before she came. But then somewhere in the far reaches of my mind I can remember things like: sleep, going to movies, browsing antique stores, and Door County. But even farther back I can remember things like: two empty bedrooms in our three bedroom house, being both genuinely happy and genuinely sad when someone else told me she was expecting, and spending time with other people's adorable children and wondering if I'd have even one.
Yeah, those things were all before Adeline and I am am so glad that they are in the past. I must say that life now is so wonderful. (Not easy or perfect, but just a wonderful life.) Our life has an easy pace and is so much fun. I love seeing things through Adeline's eyes. She was thrilled when the daisies in the garden bloomed. She laughs out loud when Mrs. Teaberry carries in Mr. Putter,s enormous birthday cake. (If you are unfamiliar with the Mr. Putter series by Cynthia Rylant, get familiar fast!) Yesterday we saw a family of ducks swimming the creek; she was amazed at their heads going under the water.
And tonight you should have seen her tonight at the Chinese restaurant. I told her that we were going to go home and have banana cupcakes with cherries on top to celebrate Forever Family Day. She made these little fists and actually let out a scream, mind you in the restaurant. Then she said, "I'm so excited!" And then when the cupcake was set before her, those eyes got all big and she made her mouth into a little O. Then she licked all the frosting off.
Anyway, I am pensive tonight. I feel so blessed that we were able to go to the other side of the world and meet our daughter. She makes me so happy and some days (like today) I just laugh at some of the things she says, like tonight when she told us that cupcakes are her favorite thing about family:)





2 comments:
I can not believe it ~ 2 years. Adeline is so cute. I still see that solid little baby. :)
What a blessing. Life is grand. Nothing better than a child.
Happy Forever Family Day!!!!
Two years to love her more each day, and more to come : )
xxx
s
(UK)
Post a Comment