Today we sat together and looked at Christmas cards. We looked at Jesus in the manger and talked about how this is such a special time of the year. Adeline really liked the sheep on the card and said "Baa" a few times while I was explaining about Joseph and Mary. I think that when she's two she should be able to grasp the significance of this holiday...ok, maybe three or four. We continued to look through cards and she loves the pictures that so many people sent to us. Seeing other kids is always a delight to her, especially when she can say who they are. She can now say "Jakey" when she sees her cousin's picture.
Her vocabulary is increasing every day. She learned to say "work" this week along with "Mark" Becky, and Rick". It looks like the hard C sound has begun to sink in. She recognizes so many people in pictures and says who they are. We have to keep adding photos into the slideshow on our computer.
Adeline has also mastered the word and the meaning of "more." She says it daily, at least a thousand times a day. It is one of the sweetest, high pitched, squeaky words you'll ever hear.
As for sleep, well, I've been up since 4:00 am today. It seems she sleeps really well one night a week and then the others can be a challenge. I hear her waking...gotta go!





1 comment:
Love the tree !
Adeline is a doll.
Merry Christmas to the three of you !
Post a Comment