Friday, September 21, 2007

September...Where Did it Go?






I can't believe it is the end of September already. For some reason, up until last week, I was convinced that it was still summer. It must be because I didn't go back to school. Now, I realize, I can't be ignorant of the season.




We've been busy, as all people are. We were able to get to the pumpkin patch and pick a few. Adeline really liked that. Tomorrow is the big Dragon Boat festival here, so we'll be there as well. It's not easy to get in some Chinese culture here in the middle of Wisconsin, but we try.




Adeline's new things are: singing, playing with baby dolls, speaking like a narrator, and sleeping all night through. All of them are music to my ears!




  • Singing is quite cute. ("Not cute, just pretty," Adeline would say.) She sings The Farmer in the Dell and at the end it is "Hi Ho chicken, we are farm."


  • She plays with her Dora the Explorer doll in the tub and it is so precious to listen to her talk to that baby.


  • Speaking like a narrator is purely hilarious. She'll say something cute and then end it with, "my little puppy said." (She calls herself my little puppy sometimes...)


  • Lastly, ahhhh the sleep! She's even starting to do 10 hour nights! I do realize that this is just a phase, but it's a good one!


I've realized that there really is no "normal". There is no "getting over a phase" and there is nothing that will be completely gone without a few repeat visits. Adeline's little life is all phases and some come back repeatedly. I need to just enjoy each one, but the good ones especially.

No comments: