There's not much opportunity for Chinese culture here in Oshkosh. So when the dragon boats were coming we had no choice but to go and see them. Adeline and I hopped in the car early in the morning and went downtown to the park by the river and parked ourselves on the river's edge. She really liked them. I was so amazed that she really watched with great interest. So after a while we went to the park area and Adeline was excited to push her stroller. I suppose she doesn't get on the other side very often. Although I truly believe that Adeline and I were the only ones to even know that the Dragon boats are a part of Chinese culture and that the Lunar Holiday is coming up this week (we got our mooncakes...) we had a great time. We'll go back next year.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
The Dragon Boat Races
There's not much opportunity for Chinese culture here in Oshkosh. So when the dragon boats were coming we had no choice but to go and see them. Adeline and I hopped in the car early in the morning and went downtown to the park by the river and parked ourselves on the river's edge. She really liked them. I was so amazed that she really watched with great interest. So after a while we went to the park area and Adeline was excited to push her stroller. I suppose she doesn't get on the other side very often. Although I truly believe that Adeline and I were the only ones to even know that the Dragon boats are a part of Chinese culture and that the Lunar Holiday is coming up this week (we got our mooncakes...) we had a great time. We'll go back next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment