Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Flood Waters Raged




I posted last time about the water. Yikes, it's been crazy! Last week we were "up to here" with water. The picture with Adeline's swing set is when the water receded. It was actually up to and under her slide. Which, by the way, is not many feet from our house. The pictures with the street is actually the culdesack directly behind us. I was getting really nervous when the water started to pour over the curb and onto the road. We opened the patio door and could hear the water rushing around. It sounded like a raging river. I'll just end this post with this: we were blessed beyond belief that we did not get any water in our home. Many of the people around us lost a lot and I do feel badly for them. I am so thankful that we were spared.

No comments: