Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Fun at Home

We've really been working hard on our school work.  Adeline has mastered many skills and is so close to mastering others.  I am so proud of how hard she works and how she doesn't complain when it's time to shift gears to organized learning times.

Ground Hog's Day is always a big deal around here.  We love to watch the video of the whistle pig doing his thing throughout the day.  Here's our groundhog acting it out and then making an army of clay ground hogs.

Much of our first grade math has been counting money.  This is right up her alley; she loves to save and count her money over and over again.  We set up a store and I'd write her a list of what I needed.  She would shop, add up the cash, count it out, and pay at the register.  I'd double check and she was always right on!

Lastly, scripture memory has been important too.  We've been memorizing key Proverbs this year and really working on application.  I love it!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Playing grocery store is a wonderful way to teach math skills ~ disguise computation with fun!
Totally love it!