Monday, January 22, 2007

Dance!




If there's one thing that Adeline loves, it is dancing. She will wake up in the morning, smiling of course, and the first thing she'll say is, "Dance!" I really am amazed at how much she likes music. We did know in her referral that she liked to listen to music, but she was 6 months old at the time. How much can an infant like music? It must have been a lot, because she can really get her groove on now.

She especially likes the Bee-Gees. As soon as Stayin' Alive comes on, she starts to bop up and down. Next come the shoulders. She does this little things where her shoulders just start to go up and down to the beat. After that, she adds, the hips. It is really the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. And she really keeps the beat! Considering that I do not really have these abilities and I am an adult, it is a bit intimidating at times.

In these pictures she is doing her ballroom dance. During these dances she needs a partner, and who better than her Daddy. She refuses to give him her hand, as traditional dancing goes, so instead we take her foot. She seems to enjoy this, as she is free to move her arms as the music takes her. Here you can see some basic moves, as well as a dip.

What a gal!

No comments: