Monday, January 29, 2007

So Proud of Herself


OK, this post is on the amazing things that Adeline can do. I do realize that I am a very proud parent, and all kids are truly brilliant in their own way. But I couldn't believe this one. So here it is...
Occasionally, I will play some dinner music for Adeline on the piano. I enjoy Beethoven, as his songs are some of the few I have retained from my earlier piano lesson years. Anyway, one evening, I played Sonatina in G once or twice while Adeline ate her dinner. Here's the big deal... the other night we were listening to a Baby Einstein CD and Sonatina in G begins to play. Unbelievably, Adeline stops, listens, and then walks over to the piano and points to the keys. I am sure that she was recollecting fond memories of dinner music, specifically Beethoven. Is she a musical prodigy? We'll see...
Now, in this picture you can see the proud look on her face. I'd be proud too if I could do what she did. She had a Cheerio in her pot and was stirring it with her play butter knife. Somehow, she managed to get the Cheerio on the knife and into her mouth. I somehow managed to get a picture.
Adeline is a little under the weather today. She's had a fever and has been a bit unhappy. We went to the Dr for her 15 month checkup and shots, but postponed the shots until next week. Anyway, she is 28 pounds and 35 inches tall. What a growing girl! She did not enjoy her doctor experience at all. I hope next week for the shots goes OK.

No comments: