



I thought it was time to make the official announcement that Steve, Adeline and I have begun the paperwork to go back to China for a sister (name still under review...we'll let you know as soon as we do). Even though Adeline would prefer a panda, a sister from China it is. Right now China has slowed down tremendously with their adoptions. Once the paperwork is in China the wait is about 2 years with the prospect of growing even longer. We are in the early stages, but getting excited none the less.
Our homestudy is getting underway. We are getting our first (of who knows how many) fingerprint appointments set up. I already had my physical. And then, we begin the chase for documents like crazy! This stage will take several months to get everything done, certified, authenticated, translated and logged in. Then we wait.
Many people refer to this as the "paper pregnancy" stage, but I tend to disagree. I don't think I'll feel "pregnant" until I know that our papers are safely at the bottom of the stack in China.
So, wish us well; keep us in your prayers as this paper process can be overwhelming. We are excited, and feel quite at peace with this latest development. Oh, and what post would be complete without a picture of our darling? Here you go!





No comments:
Post a Comment