Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time For An Update













So, what's been going on? I feel like we may have found normal! Our days have a cadence that we follow and I feel much more relaxed. Ruby is doing so well. Her vocabulary continues to grow, but she doesn't put words together much. I understand that this is because she doesn't have enough words yet to put together. Her latest words are: up, out and Dora. I can't wait until she can converse with us. Sometimes she gets so frustrated when she can't tell us things. I have to ask her questions and she nods yes or no to answer me. It's cute.


As for sleeping, we've had some small victories and I'm encouraged. We moved her into a toddler bed rather than a crib, put it in the master bedroom and pushed a mattress right up next to it. She likes it! Sometimes at night she just wants to hold my hand or put her forehead against mine. It is truly some of the sweetest gestures I've experienced.

Adeline continues to flourish. She is so close to reading. She can pick words out in a context and know what they are although she's not sounding things out just yet. Her artwork is amazing. I will have to scan some in and post them. Cinderella is her favorite thing and lately, she's taken to playing with dolls. I love how she's changing.

So, there's an update:)

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

Hi Kristin! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog this evening! I love 'meeting' new people. NewDay is a wonderful place and we are so blessed that our Khloe is there!

Your daughters are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I look forward to perusing your blog a little more later on and getting to 'know' your family more. It may be sometime after we return though...busy, busy, busy!!! I know you already know all about the craziness of these final days before travel, as you are already seasoned in this arena!!

Thanks again for your kind words and God bless! <><
~ Tanya