Friday, November 17, 2006

Ahhh The Milestones


Our little Adeline is doing amazing things these days. It all started with her one year doctor appointment...

We were advised to do several things to help her sleep at night. Some we agreed with and others we ignored at this point. Anyway, one thing that we did do, was try to eliminate her association to sleep with her bottle. So, we stopped giving her a bottle before naps. She has done it all week, without a hitch. She takes her pacifier and rubs her blanket under her chin. Within 5 minutes (on most days) she's out! Yippee!

And then she actually started to sleep from 8:00 until 5:00 in the morning without waking up! She did this three nights in a row. Unfortunately, last night she went back to her old ways--up two times before morning. I refuse to complain, however, after all the good sleep I've gotten lately.

But now, here's the biggee...she walks! Yup, she started on Tuesday taking two or three steps. Today, she took 10 in a row before she went down on her knees. Then it was 10 more. Then it was 8. Then it was 10. You get the picture here. She hasn't done more than 10 in a row, but I'd say after all her hard work this afternoon, she's got about 75 in for the day. I suppose we should invest in a pedometer for her:)

We have so much to be thankful for. What a blessing she is. My heart is burdened though for all the orphans of the world. There are estimated 143 million children in the world that are considered orphans. It seems so daunting, but if everyone can just help one, what a difference it would make to those children. I guess you can see where my heart is being pulled these days. We'll just have to keep praying about it. We'd love you to pray with us.

1 comment:

Mom 2 six said...

I am praying. I have to admit I look at all the SN lists. It breaks my heart but our plate is full.... yet still I look.
You guys are great people, If you are drawn to start the adventure again I say go for it !