So, while at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, the clerk looks at Adeline and says, "Shouldn't you be in school?" He was teasing her, knowing she wasn't quite school age.
Adeline replies, quite seriously, "No, I'm in HOME SCHOOL!"
To which I responded, "Well, not quite yet. You're only three."
"And," Adeline says with great gusto, "You're 45!"
"No, actually, I'm 35," I laughed.
Then the clerk chimes in, "Oh, three? I thought you were in High School."
"No, I said HOME SCHOOL," Adeline shouts.
At this point, I'm just laughing and thinking, I better get some school started. So here she is making words, copying them and drawing pictures to go with them. On this particular day she was Roo and I was Kanga, so all of her papers have "Roo" written on the top. I suppose that's good, since Roo did all the work that day! Check out her drawing of an owl; I was impressed, but I AM her mother.
Oh yeah, she was a snake in the last pictures I posted.





No comments:
Post a Comment