We just heard that the wait time for a healthy referral to China is growing yet again. It may be as much as 5 or 6 years. So...we took the plunge and applied to be accepted into the waiting child program. It could reduce the wait significantly, but there are also significant challenges that come with adopting a child with special needs.
We still asked for a girl between 0 and 2. We tried to keep the needs to more physical than internal. Several could require surgeries, but most are quite able to deal with.
I just keep thinking that there are so many kids out there and I don't want Adeline to have to be alone in the world some day. A sibling is so special and I want her to have that.
So, pray for us as we enter into the unknown yet again, trusting in our sovereign God who loves to do more than we could even imagine. He is in this and will accomplish His will for us. Sometimes it's really exciting not knowing what's ahead but knowing that we have no need to worry. Good or bad, He will sustain us and get all the glory.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I don't know that it's growing "yet again" - it's been growing since October 2005! I can't even imagine being caught up in this wait. I'm sorry you are one of those families!
We adopted Allison through the SN program. She was supposed to have a heart condition but we found out after we brought her home that her heart is just fine. We were so thankful for that! She does have other "issues" mainly a severe speech delay and some developmental delays but she is making progress every day! Lindsey was "non-special needs" and that has been true for the most part but we just found out two days ago that she has a lazy eye and will need to do patching and get glasses. The reason I share all this is to encourage you that even children classifed as NSN can end up with special needs, and the reverse is true also. You have to be prepared for anything. God is in control! He will give you the grace and strength to deal with whatever He sends your way. It sounds like you already know that! :-) So don't be afraid of the SN program. I'm excited to hear what God will do in your family.
Ooops, that last comment was from me (Eileen) - I didn't notice I wasn't logged into my account. :-)
I think this is a great path to consider. As a nurse e-mail if you want. Mia was NSN but still had issues - so you truly don't always know with the NSN route. I hope that you get a referral soon !
Post a Comment