Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Dentist: Part 1








Adeline had her first visit to the dentist. She did fantastic, might I say. Unfortunately, all morning, she would say, "Mom, Pop can take the car. We can just stay home today." Then she'd look at me and her lip would quiver. She'd say, "I'm having some sad feelings."

She never articulated that they were due to the dentist, but they were. Poor thing was nervous. When we got there, the lobby had changed. They used to have a giant set of teeth with a huge toothbrush. She was looking forward to seeing it, but it wasn't there. So, out of my bag came her new book about a little pony. It made all the difference in the world.


Take a look and see my brave girl! Oh yeah, part 2 comes tomorrow when she gets her cavity filled. I am NOT looking forward to that, but I do have another book hiding. It's about a bird family in a nest...she'll love it!

No comments: