We were blessed with a precious bundle that I never thought we would have. God was kind enough to give me one daughter and I was content, but then He went above what I ever imagined and paved the way for our Ruby Qi-Ann to join us.
Our world changed in ways I didn't even think of and we had many adjustments along the way. The first few months were hard, the next few were difficult, and now we have found our "normal", at least what's normal for having a 2 year old in the house. Ruby has brought me so much joy. I want to savor every moment, thinking she'll most likely be the last baby in our house.
Today, I'll just think back to our first day and remember. She came to us so reserved. Her little lips never smiling, her eyes just looking around at everything. Then she'd look us in the face and suck in her bottom lip, the tears would just slide down her cheeks. She didn't make a fuss, but, clearly, her heart was broken and confused. Oh, how it broke my heart too. Her bonding was gradual and guarded, but it's come.
I will always remember her struggle to love us and cherish the fact that love won.





1 comment:
Oh she is one of the most precious gifts from GOD! Isn't he so good! I love the first pic of her so content and asleep.
Post a Comment