What has not been fun? Dealing with the plague, or whatever it is we've had around here. Ruby believes it is now her divine right to watch TV in the recliner all day every day. Now, right now, she's really out of sorts and I'm allowing it, but I'm preparing for her mighty tantrums to come. I know they will. It's the beauty of being two and being Ruby.
So, here's what's happened. Tuesday (last week), I started to feel crummy. I managed to cope with it and still mother my babies. We tried to stay with a consistent schedule, but with significantly more Dora. On Thursday, Ruby went down hard. On Friday, Adeline succumbed and Ruby got worse.
Friday night we took Ruby to the walk-in. Yup, ear infection. As we were leaving, Adeline says, "Mom, isn't this the best birthday ever!" I just love her!
So, we continued all weekend, cancelling Adeline's birthday party. Both girls, and myself feeling crummy. Then, poor Steve, fell prey to the illness on Sunday.
Now, here we are on Monday. Ruby's taken her post in the recliner, Adeline is jumping on the couch. They are watching educational TV, and I'm trying to use various disinfectants everywhere.
Have a great week! We're looking forward to this one only looking up.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment