Well, home school kindergarten is in full swing. Adeline has been busy for 7 weeks now and it's been great, mostly. Her learning is fantastic, and she likes to do most of the work. (Sometimes required creativity doesn't make her happy.) Last week she read her first book and boy oh boy, was she excited! I wish I could do more with her though. My teacher's heart is just all aflutter with the ideas that keep coming.
So, what are the roadblocks? It seems that Ruby gets a bit jealous of the one-on-one with Adeline. I understand, so I got lots of things for her to do too. Unfortunately, she'd rather sit on my lap and take whatever Adeline is currently working on. She's 2, it will get better:)
Lastly, I have decided to keep my teaching license current. I therefore, have classes that I need to take. This would require reading and paper writing. (See why I haven't blogged in forever?)
These are by no means complaints. I am thrilled to be homeschooling. I am thrilled to have a 2 year old. I am thrilled to know that all my hard work to become a teacher won't be left by the wayside. I am just really looking forward to being done with my classes:)
So, there's a long overdue update. Have a great weekend!





No comments:
Post a Comment