

The trip home was a bit difficult. Adeline slept on the flight from China to Tokyo. Considering we had to get her up at about 4:00 in the morning this was a good thing. Unfortunately she woke up for the long 11 hour flight from Tokyo to Detroit. She just didn't want to be held that long. There was about two hours of unhappiness, but then things got better.
When we landed in Detroit Adeline became an official US citizen. Now that was exciting. We sang "Stars and Stripes Forever" and did a little dance. That was about all the time we had though. We actually had to recheck our bags and go through security all over again. That was oh so fun!
We boarded the flight for Green Bay and all three of us fell asleep for that one. Good thing, we were zonked out!
Once we landed, there was a small welcoming committee at Austin Straubel Airport. My parents, sisters and their families came to pick us up. Boy, did Adeline come alive then! She is such a smiley show-off for people!
We buckled her into her car seat and she liked it! We are SOOO thankful for that.
We ended up staying two extra days in Green Bay. Steve and I were both sick from who knows what. Mom's chicken soup had to have helped though. By Friday night we were back in Oshkosh showing Adeline her permanent home. Poor thing, she's been in two hotels and at Grandma and Gramdpa's house too.
She seems to be doing really well here though.
I'll do more when she takes her next nap!
Love,
Kristen, Steve and Adeline





1 comment:
欢迎你到家里来了,Adeline! Welcome home!
My brother Bill has been keeping me up to date on your progress, and I'm so excited that you finally have your little lady bug home. I hope to meet her next time I'm in Wisconsin! Congratulations...祝福你们!
Post a Comment