Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Turned A Corner?


I know this may sound crazy, but I think that Ruby may have turned a corner this week. She just seems to be more content and comfortable. Yes, she still has her lie down on the floor and kick and scream moments, but she seems to be more free with her love. When she was sick, she came to me looking for comfort, rather than me just giving it to her. She wanted to be comforted from me. Today she woke up from her nap and patted the pillow next to her. She said, "Si" (sit). So I snuggled up next to her. Then she proceeded to pucker her little lips and make a big kissing noise at me. We had a melt your heart smooch right there. It is so good to see her happy more than not these days.


Sleep has actually improved too. Poor thing still wakes up every night, but she will go back to sleep and tends to stay asleep as well. I hope that continues to improve; I know it will in the long run, but, as we learned with Adeline it was often 1 step forward, 2 steps back.


That's all for now. I'm tired:)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have been afraid to ask about the sleep, so thanks for the update! We are SO sad that we couldn't get together last weekend. I miss those precious girls!

Jill said...

Can she really get any cuter? YES.... especially when you tell us a sweet story like that!!! I hope for the sake of everyone that THIS is the turned corner!! PS. I lvoe the name of your blog! It is just so sweet.