Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Good Thing Gone Bad























So I thought I had a good idea. And it was...for a while. Around 3:00 the girls are hungry so we often stop what we are doing and have a snack. I tend to think that if they are content they may let me cook dinner in peace. This isn't always the case, but, I digress. So, snack time. I decided it was a good day for bananas. Ruby gets so insulted when I cut her bananas and give them to her on her tray that I figured I could try to give her a whole one. It was a dream come true. She was eating and enjoying it, sharing and having a grand old time. Until I noticed that her mouth was so full of banana there was really no room left to chew. Being the cautious and attentive mom that I am, I decided to take the banana away and cut it up after all, doling out a few pieces at a time. Oh, she was crushed. I, on the other hand, was completely relieved that she managed to swallow what she had and did not cause herself harm.












No comments: