Monday, March 08, 2010

I'm Back

First of all, I must apologize for my absence. Blogging has become a bit difficult as the keyboard tends to wake a sleeping Ruby. I'm hoping for a bit of time over the next few days because there's a lot to fill people in on.

Here's the biggie though. I've been asked to help spread the news about orphans in our world. As believers we are called to help orphans, whether it be through adopting, supporting people who do, donating to certain organizations, and praying for them. Think about it: 147 million orphans...no family, no one to love them unconditionally, no one to give them security or love that is what family is all about. But God has not forgotten them. He tells us that He will be a Father to the fatherless and He's commanded His children to care for them. That's us.

So what can I do? I have been invited to join a group call led Bloggers for Orphans. I will be posting adoption related information on my blog about once a month. I'm really excited to be a part in this. One small voice in the blogosphere is quiet, but a whole team can make a shout! Be prepared for information on Christian Alliance for the Orphan Summit VI in my next post. Oh...I wish I could be there!

No comments: