
I honestly haven't even looked at all our pictures from China yet. It's not that I don't want to, it's that we took thousands and I don't have that kind of time just now. I was able to look through a few today though while the girls are napping and I found a few favorites to share. These are by far my favorites (that I've seen!).
Looking at China again makes my heart do weird things. No, I don't want to go back to adopt again. No, I don't want to go back anytime soon. In reality, I don't care to ever get on an airplane again. I can't really explain how it makes me feel. I know that I'll have to talk with my girls about their place of birth, as well as the reasons why they were adopted. I'm not too worried about that, since I truly believe that no matter what circumstances, the sovereignty of God is the supreme reason.
What I have a hard time thinking about explaining is why mostly girls along with the history of women in China. I've been doing quite a bit of reading on the history of China and the way of life through the years. I still don't have a grasp on the filial systems or the chronology of the history of China, but I want to know. I want to know what I can, through my limited knowledge, so I can teach Adeline and Ruby about the amazing history of China. I guess I feel inadequate to truly teach them about where they were born. I guess the only way I'd really know is if I was Chinese.





No comments:
Post a Comment