Monday, February 14, 2011

Good Friends and Old Times


Facebook can be a really good thing, or a time sucker. I hope that it continues to be a good thing for me and that I don't spend/waste too much time there. So far, it's been mostly good and here's an instance I'd like to share.

A long time ago, I lived in St. Paul, MN. I decided after high school that I wanted to go to a Christian college there. It was a great decision and I'm so glad I went. I only stayed there one year due to the distance from home and the cost. I struggled with homesickness and having no money. There was no way that I could continue my education there financially, so I transferred to a state university closer to home.

Naomi and Chris were two great friends that I met there. They were both such good friends to me. We studied a lot together and had many adventures I won't ever forget. They ended up getting married and I was blessed enough to be a bridesmaid and stand up for them. After the wedding, we lost touch and went on with our lives.

Enter Facebook. Through the magic of social networking I met up with my old friends, happily married with two kiddies and one on the way. I was so happy to reconnect!
They've been in my prayers much lately, as Naomi's having some health struggles. I won't go into detail here, but feel free to pray for their family. They are great people.
(P.S. The picture is from 1993, and I apologize for my lack of photography skills!)

No comments: